Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Back from CHA!

 
Well I am back in two different ways - back to my blog and back from the Craft and Hobby Association Mega show held in Anaheim, California. As usual this show is a feast for the eyes! The displays are just so absolutely creative! To the talented individuals who work endless hours on creating this feast - a huge thanks! Your work is truly appreciated!
I had a whirlwind trip, it was a shortened version this year so I felt a bit like a little ball inside of a pinball machine - going here there and everywhere. Due to this I did not get as many photos as I had hoped to. But my eyes did see many wonderful things! I had the opportunity to attend an event at the Spellbinders booth and WOW! I had heard about the total transformation of their booth and it truly was spectacular! I was introduced to a new Spellbinder's tool - the Tool 'n One which I am sure that anyone who die-cuts intricate designs is going to absolutely love! I will endeavour to share with you in my next few posts some of what I experienced at CHA.

As Valentine's Day is approaching I thought I would share my mini press kit that I use while at CHA in order to distribute my bio and contact info while at the show. It would also make a cute Valentine's and instead of inserting a bio and business card inside (which I have in my press kit) insert a gift card and greeting! The base is created using an Accu Cut gift card holder die - I simply go to my local scrapbook store to die-cut my bases. Then I used a Spellbinders scallop heart paired with beautiful metallic thread from Wonderfil threads and created a Spirelli wrap. Finish with a little cardstock banner and to get just the right color of rhinestones I colored clear ones with a Bic Mark It pen. Hope you like it! Stay tuned, on Monday January 20th I will share a link with you for a few other fun Valentine's in my next CardMaker Magazine newsletter!
Creatively Yours,
Sharon




No comments: