Saturday, June 8, 2013

Dad's Day Card!

Project Design ©Sharon M. Reinhart

With Father's Day only a week a way I thought I would share this fun and simple Dad's Day Card! When creating cards and often when creating masculine cards, I love to make use of drywall tape to create a textured background. It is one of my favorite products for crafting. Not only is it great to create a mesh look but it is also wonderful used as a stencil in mixed media cards and canvases. The drywall tape is the first layer on this card. Another favorite is smashed bottle caps. I usually purchase the caps at my local grocery store and then I flatten them in my old (lever push style) Sizzix machine, it works perfectly! I have used a Big Shot machine with the Stampin Up bottle caps and it worked great with those. I have not tried the real bottle caps in my Big Shot machine though.
Next, add some layers inside the bottle caps with a punched cardstock circle and stamped letters. Then layer onto a notched strip of cardstock on the card front. To create the notch or tail effect use a die template, square punch or simply a pair of scissors. If I am using scissors I have the most success by cutting a center line about one inch long and then cut from each corner to the center cut, works great. The printed paper is not current but I am sure there are many papers that would work wonderfully with this design. Hope you like it!
Creatively Yours,
Sharon

No comments: