Thursday, November 1, 2012

Festive Decor!

Project design ©Sharon M. Reinhart 2012
Where does time go! Sorry for my absence. Life was a bit topsy turvy for awhile. Hopefully we are back on track. Onwards and upwards! Also, to all, whose lives have been affected by the horrific storm - Sandy, my thoughts and prayers are with you!
To bring some cheer to the day I thought I would share this festive canvas decor. Initially the wooden JOY piece was going to be an ornament or piece that could be hung on the wall and then I decided to incorporate a small canvas into the picture. These canvases are perfect for this type of decor, it is one of those Can Do Art childrens canvas that has a pre-printed picture on it. Once its painted or paper has been adhered you don't even know. The wooden word has been covered with an Echo Park paper (I don't believe it is still available.) There are however a variety of music score papers out right now that would work wonderfully, some are on cream backgrounds but you could easily change that with the use of sprays or light washes of watercolor or thinned acrylic paint. Yes, that is a tea bag folded medallion in the center created using the basic circle technique. If you would like to learn more about paper folding check out the free previews for my Fabulous Paper Folds online class! Add a stamped word, a bit of ribbon and some pretty corner die-cut pieces placed together (Heartfelt Creations/Spellbinders) and you are done. If you are looking for card inspiration I challenge you to use this piece somewhat like a card sketch or inspiration piece and create a card.  I will work on this challenge as well, be sure to check out my next post to see what I have come up with. Enjoy!
Creatively yours,
Sharon

No comments: