Saturday, October 8, 2011

Quick Any Occasion Card


Card Design © Sharon M. Reinhart 2011
This simple card is an example of using what you have on hand. If you do not have co-ordinating brads - make your own. Simply apply a strong double sided liner tape to the brad and trim excess. Place a square of printed card stock onto exposed adhesive (it's good to start with a slightly larger square), trim excess cardstock. To give the designer brad an epoxy or lacquer effect apply Glossy Accents or similar clear dimensional medium and let dry. The die cut leaves (Sizzix die) have a thin coat of the dimensional medium as well. The decorative mat is created using a Spellbinder's die. Now you can co-ordinate your brads to any card! The space at the bottom right corner would be perfect for a small greeting like the words thanks, thankful or grateful. On that note, as this weekend is the Canadian Thanksgiving I would like to extend my best wishes to all of you celebrating Thanksgiving, may you share some warm and wonderful moments with family and friends. I know I will be counting my blessings I hope you will too! Be sure to watch for my next post where this design will be transformed into a Christmas Card! 
Creatively Yours,
Sharon

No comments: