Saturday, July 30, 2011

Tea Bag Folded Recycled Treasure!


Card Design ©Sharon M. Reinhart 2011
Well, I am at it again - recycling that is!  I used one of my favorite papers to create this tea bag folded medallion - the inside of security envelopes!  They have a variety of patterns and colors.  This tea bag folded medallion also has another twist.  I have used a squash fold and then to give a bit more dimension I gently curled the points on the top layer - just like you would curl a ribbon.  The layers are created using Spellbinder's Labels Twenty One die set and also the Stampin' Up Square Lattice embossing folder.  This folder creates a wonderful textured card stock out of regular card stock - it looks quite substantial.  A glitter brad and a few rhinestones as well as the Inspirational Words Border stamp from Crafty Individuals (Magenta) and my card is complete.  If you would like to learn more about Tea Bag folding check out my most recent book Tea Bag Folding Through the Seasons by clicking on the cover shot at the top right.  Also if you would like to add recycling techniques to your card making please visit the Cardmaker online newsletter From Trash to Treasured Cards July 11, 2011 issue - it's free, sign up today.
That's all for this post - Enjoy!
Creatively yours,
Sharon

No comments: