Friday, July 15, 2011

Life - Home Decor Project

I find myself drawn to sayings and quotes and often I like to create home decor projects with some of my favorites.  This little home decor project is quick to put together.  The frame is a wood block frame from Michaels which has ben painted and then printed cardstock adhered to the front. There are a couple of ways to adhere the paper.  One is to cut the paper in a square the same size as the frame, adhere it to the frame with a strong adhesive, craft glue or red liner tape. Then cut out the middle section using a craft knife or scissors. The other method is to place the frame right side down onto the wrong side of the paper, trace the outside and inside, cut out and then adhere. I always like to sand all the edges lightly then apply ink to the edges. In this project I have used Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink by Ranger.
The quote is a pre printed quote on vellum (not sure if this exact one is still available) that has been layered onto solid color card stock. Embellish as desired. I have used metal letters, glass mosaic tiles, ribbon, a silk flower and a brad. This is a quick project that would be a perfect gift as well.  Enjoy!
Creatively yours,
Sharon
Blog Hop Button Finished on the 15th: FaveCrafts Blog Hop for July

No comments: