Thursday, June 23, 2011

Challenge Yourself to Create!

©Sharon M. Reinhart 2011
Today I challenged myself to create just because - without a specific job or individual in mind. The other challenge I gave myself was to create and use some of the many papers I now have in a pile with the sign "for personal use only, may not be current". These are still beautiful papers but they are not the latest and greatest and editors really want us to use whats available to the readers and rightly so. It's too bad that product lines have to change because some of the papers I have fallen in love with over the years are no longer available.  Alas, we must be open to change.  So here we go.  I created this journal using a lined journal from the bins at Michaels, the flourish was cut using a Sizzix Tim Holtz die using cardboard from an oatmeal box and then colored with ink.  The sentiment is a preprinted one on vellum however you could print your own using the computer.  Or perhaps use one of the lovely sentiment stamps from Quietfire Design - Suzanne is a very talented calligrapher, I encourage you to take a look at her product line.  I used the lacey oval and sunflower set from Spellbinder's to create the sentiment frame and sunflower.  The handmade flower in the center of the brown sunflower was created using the jumbo scallop small circle dies.  Add a little bling and Voila!  I think this would make a great token of appreciation for someone special, or perhaps I have just created my first Christmas or hostess gift!  It's always nice to be ahead of the game.  Now if you don't wish to make a journal, use this design as inspiration or a sketch so to speak for a square card.  Hope you like it!  I challenge you to challenge yourself today!
Creatively yours,
Sharon

No comments: